blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Tuesday, October 11, 2005


Typing

I've often told people that I type 35-40 words per minute, but can backspace 160+ wpm easily! I never took a typing course in school and as a Systems Engineer, I haven't had have the need to type quickly. These days however, with my email and blog load increasing, I desperately need to learn how to type - properly. I feel it would really improve my productivity and free up my time to do other things or more writing. I have access to Mavis Beacon Typing Tutor (version 15, I think). Has anyone used this method of typing or any others you can recommend? Thanks!



1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have used Mavis Beacon both to help my own typing skills and to teach a class of homeschool students (age 7-15) how to type. Those that put in the effort (myself not included in this group) reaped the benefit. I had some beggining computer students that were typing 30 WPM in about 6 weeks. Personally, my best typing always came 2 pages into a term paper. My mind would quit thinking and my fingers would just go. No way to measure, but I am sure I was clearing 50-60 WPM. I learned to type doing programming in High School. The assignment was due at a particular time and had to be done in class. Therefore, you type faster and more accurately or else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home