blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Sunday, October 30, 2005


My First Barber Shop Shave

This morning I was out of the house early to experience a genuine honest-to-goodness Burma-Shave with a straight razor. On Church Street in Colleyville, TX, Back-n-Time is an antique barber shop where everything from the chairs to the cash register are fully restored collectors’ items from the late 1800’s to the early 1900’s. Their haircut and shave services are authentically from much simpler times and the atmosphere is just like you’d expect right down to neighboring tenants stopping by to sit and talk endlessly about nothing.

As for my experience, I’d have to say that from start to finish (45 minutes) it was a great shave and I would probably do it again. However, as I’m writing this and rubbing my hand across my face, the five-o-clock shadow is reminding me that it’s a luxury I shouldn’t afford too frequently.



1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Steve said...

OK, in the day of HIV, how do they deal with using the razor on multiple folks? It seems like an autoclave would dampen the authenticity!

Although, I had a barber in TN who would use the straight blade to shave the back of oyur neck (with that remarkable heated shaving cream).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home