blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Saturday, October 08, 2005


Scouting

Me and Ian are on our first campout with the Cub Scouts at Sid Richardson Boy Scout Camp miles away from any civilization. It's the first time I've been camping since I was a Boy Scout twenty years ago. Right now it's dark and the dads of the pack are sitting around the Coleman lantern while the boys are expending the last of their energies before lights out. The stars are simply amazing! God's majesty is displayed in its entirety without the hindrance of city lights. The Milky way is directly above us and a moment ago we saw a satellite cross the sky.

It's light's out now and the only thing illuminating our tent is my Blackberry as I post this blog. The crickets are loud and the cool night wind is wafting over us. This couldn't have beena more perfect experience. Ian really responded well to "roughing it" and had a ton of fun with his friends, some of them from school.

Tomorrow, we'll be packing up early and heading back to town for church. Boy, I'm tired. Goodnight and God bless.



1 Comments:

At 9:05 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Stuart, I know we haven't met in reality, but you've got to admit that blogging from a Blackberry on a Boy Scout campout moves you out of the "roughing it" category! OK, I confess, I usually journal on my Treo on youth trips after everyone goes to bed. Someday I might have to spring for the web connection...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home