blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Friday, October 14, 2005


10 Years Ago This Month


Eight months before I landed my first professional position in Information Technology, I started an "in-between" job as a courier which was exactly the hiatus I needed. After my first early morning mail delivery in North Dallas, I had an hour to kill before my 'bank route' started so I decided to drive east on Royal Lane toward Preston Road to get to know the ins and outs of the city. It was there at the Preston-Royal Shopping Center in October 1995 that I entered for the first time a business I had only been introduced to on TV Shows and that you actually had to search for to find - STARBUCKS COFFEE. Back then I didn't know about lattes or machiattos, but being married into a Christian family who largely hailed from Minnesota, I knew coffee. My first sip was exactly how Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz described it in his book 'Pour Your Heart Into It' - it nearly blew my head off! And the rest is history...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home