blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Sunday, October 02, 2005


Sunday

Heard an awesome quote at church today by the worship leader.
"What man creates, man must maintain. What God creates, He will sustain."

Today's message was about hypocrisy and living a genuine Christian life from the inside-out. Scripture was Matthew 23 and the preacher pulled no punches throughout the entire chapter. Listen to the audio for October 2 - you'll be challenged for sure.

After church, the family went to Cabela's to pick up a tent and sleeping bags for a Cub Scout camp that Ian and I will be going to next Saturday. Cabela's like the IKEA of outdoors gear; HUGE and has everything you need and lots of stuff you don't. We ate lunch at the cafeteria and I had the elk sandwich. It wasn't bad, but I think I'll try the buffalo burger next time.

Lisa and I picked up my parents from D/FW airport at the newly constructed (and very confusing) Terminal D. They flew British Airways from London Gatwick and after "chasing the sun" for 9 hours, they ended up with a 30-hour Sunday. It was a whirlwind tour of the U.K. and Europe for them while getting my sister settled into her new life-for-a-year in Eastern France. Needless to say, they were pooped.

My In-Laws took the boys to Joe Pool Lake for some pole fishing with minnows for bait. Lisa and I had a date just bumming around Downtown Dallas that was capped off with an awesome meal at Houston's on Preston Road. During our married life, we've almost eaten there about a dozen times, but never actually made it. I gotta tell you, it was well worth the wait. I highly recommend the Spinach Dip appetizer and the Evil Jungle Thai Noodle Salad.

The kids are now asleep and I'm getting ready for a busy week that includes a 3-day trip to Jacksonville, FLA with the full-time job. This will be my very first business trip ever - away from Lisa and the boys. Your prayers for all of us are highly coveted. On the bright side, there'll be plenty of time to blog. :)



1 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be praying for you, Stu! I hope your time away goes quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home