blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Tuesday, November 29, 2005


Vacation's over...

... and everyone is letting me know (sigh).

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving or for those of you who are overseas, a great Thursday. ;) I've been away from the full-time grind since November 17 and totally unplugged (literally) the entire week of Thanksgiving. I tasked myself to paint the dining room so that we could host both sides of our family at our house - a 3-year tradition, but the first actually in the dining room. The dining room was the "study" so the computer had been totally without electricity up until Thanksgiving and we decided to leave it off for a few days after. I must say, as much of a computer geek as I am, the hiatus from the PC was very refreshing.

The Thanksgiving Dining Room

On Saturday, Lisa and I did something that many of you may be shocked to find out. Let me preface by saying that we don't watch TV hardly ever. Really. Our routine (if it even exists) is catching Conan O'Brien, re-runs of Raymond and maybe Mythbusters on The Discovery Channel. So Saturday, Lisa rented Disc 1 of Season 1 of Lost. That's right, we hadn't seen one episode until last weekend. Finally, I get what the hype is about. Love it, love it, love it. We plowed through eight episodes (sans commercials) Saturday and Sunday and we're jonesing for more. But we decided to let the weekends be our time for catching up.

Talk to ya'll tomorrow!



7 Comments:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger Rob. said...

Nice to have you back Stu ...don't get too stressed out on your first day back at work :-)

 
At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my wife and I first rented Lost, she watched the first disk without me since I felt they were stupid. Part way through disk 2 I came in. We finished 2 or 3 more disks and went to bed at 5 am. Definitely Good Stuff. My one complaint...I'll wait until you catch up before I go there. you can buy season 2 on itunes, btw.

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stu, I'm glad you are back. I basically had an unplugged 4 day weekend too. It is refreshing, but by Sunday I was really feeling it and glad to be getting back.

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey man, glad you had some time off...

LOST IS AMAZING... I'm hooked!

this season is amazing too... just stay away fromt he websites because they'll ruin it for you... also pay close attention to every detail...

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger John Bartlett said...

My wife and I started season 1 of Lost on DVD over Thanksgiving too! Problem is, we also started watching season 2 so now we've got two threads going in parallel.

It is a great show! You should check out the Lost podcast...

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/podcasts.html

really interesting insight!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Absoblogginlutely! said...

I fancy getting lost from the rental shop, but that would cost a fortune for the number of disks so it would be cheaper to purchase it, but seeing as though i've not seen any of it, it could be a waste of money if I didn't like it. Unfortunately I dont know anyone who has a copy they can let me watch :-(

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Hankinstien said...

I've yet to watch Lost, but the show thats got me hooked is Firefly. The DVDs are already out, and the movie, "Serenity" is amazing as well. Check it out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home