blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Wednesday, September 21, 2005


Tonight's Soundtrack: Top Gun

I hadn't listened to this CD in over 10 years, I bet. But now that it's on the iPod, I rediscovered it tonight while driving home (well after rush hour). Man, what a hugely FUN soundtrack from classic flick! The classic "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin, "Danger Zone", by Kenny Loggins and the "Top Gun Anthem" by Harold Faltermeyer and Steve Stevens (Billy Idol's Guitarist). There's not a song on here that I didn't like. Oh sure the soundtrack wreaks of 1980's Pop/Rock, but the "flying songs" are just flat-out kickin'!

"You're writing checks your body can't cash!"
"Negative, GhostRider!"
"Yee-haw, Jester's Dead!"


Thanks to Gary Lamb for starting the Nightly Soundtrack blog posts.



3 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger dljordan said...

I love that movie and the soundtrack is just as awsome. I seen on a behind the scenes show of the movie that the song "Take My Breath Away" split the band Berlin up. The lead singer wanted to do it so the band would get noticed, but the other founding member didn't as the song was not the style of music they did.
dj

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Stuart Cowen said...

Wow, I didn't know that! Although I figure something had to give. I think that was their first song that broke out of their post-punk new wave style (which I prefer anyway)

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger dljordan said...

Yea, I don't think the other member wanted to break out of that style, but she wanted to get noticed and you see what happens when you are not yourself.
dj

 

Post a Comment

<< Home