blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Wednesday, September 14, 2005


SQL Server 2005 - September CTP is Available

I just found out from SQL Server Central that the September 2005 Community Technology Preview (basically another beta) is now available for public download. Since all of us SQL Server guys (and gals, sorry) have been waiting for 5 long years for new release of Microsoft's Database Management System, I'm super eager and looking forward to installing it. If you're interested, you can download it here, but be patient; it was released a little less than an hour ago and is a whopping 900MB to download!! Anyone know if there's a BitTorrent of it yet? If not, I'll see if I can provide one for you (if it's legal, that is).

So, what does this mean for the Church and ? I'm not sure, yet, but Shelby Systems and FellowshipOne both run on a SQL Server database and I'll bet these guys are falling over themselves to get up to speed. I'll post "first impressions" and such as I explore it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home