blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Wednesday, September 21, 2005


Good to the Last Drop

So how long can a laptop battery last on 1% juice? So far it's going on 15 minutes. I'm currently "reconditioning" the battery by letting it drain all the way and then charging it overnight. The IBM web site says I have to do this 3 times to increase the battery life. Does that really work? Not that the battery has terrible life right now, but if I can extend it, then all the better. I'm currently getting about 2 hours at full strength power consumption - not bad. Whoops, the graph just went to 0%. Better post this before it goes completely dead.

UPDATE 1: Just passed 5 minutes at 0%.
UPDATE 2: Now 10 minutes at 0%. (how low can you go?)
UPDATE 3: 20 minutes. I think the meter is CLUELESS!
-------
FINAL: 28 minutes at 0%. Now I know how far past the 'E' the needle will go :)



1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Jim Perdue said...

I just bought a Mac and they tell you to do the same thing with your battery. But, I don't think mine would last 30 minutes on 0%. Your computer rocks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home