blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Friday, August 26, 2005


Oldies, But Goodies

Brian Burton was asking his readers “what’s on your iPod?” because he always has his ear to the ground in search of new and cool music. My response is “nothing new here!” Lisa and I made the decision to buy an iPod so that we could store the CDs up in the attic away from little fingers and have the convenience of carrying our entire music library on a small device. Now all (nearly 200) CDs we own takes up only half the space on the 30 GB iPod.

We expected and received convenience. We did not expect rediscovery. For the past 3 months, we have been going through our library, listening and enjoying once again music that we purchased together and uttering phrases like “Remember when we took that trip…”

So what’s on my iPod? Feed your nostalgia.

Live at the Acropolis – Yanni
Find me in these Fields:  Phil Keaggy
Rain Man Soundtrack
Nothing Like the Sun – Sting
We Don’t Get What We Deserve - World Wide Message Tribe
Enya, Enya, Enya
Unplugged - Eric Clapton



1 Comments:

At 7:26 AM, Blogger Absoblogginlutely! said...

only 200 cd's? ;-) I've got 20gb of mp's :-)
The first thing I do when I get a new cd is to rip it onto HD and then onto the creative zen so that the cd's don't get lost and so that we can listen to it in the car easily. However we do still find that we end up listening to mostly the same stuff all the time but I do like listening to the oldies.

The only thing I had in common with you was the World Wide Message Tribe - its a great album.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home