blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Wednesday, August 31, 2005


Forsaking Bloglines (Partially)

I post comments on other people's blogs - a lot! Mainly to encourage them to "blog on" and then to throw in my $0.02. However, I have found that with most blogging platforms, the Bloglines RSS aggregator doesn't provide a direct way to post comments. This might just be a limitation of today's aggregator technology in general, but to click to their website, then click to the article to click to leave a comment - it's a slight hassle. To reduce the stress on my clicking finger, I'm putting my "Daily Read 'n' Respond" feeds into Firefox's Live Bookmarks. This is pretty cool, because each blog's RSS feed that I bookmark expands a submenu when the pointer hovers over it and can take you directly to the article where the comments interface is just waiting for input.

For my general technology, leadership and news feeds, I'll still use Bloglines.



3 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, that is a frustrating thing about Bloglines. I tried NewsGatorOnline for awhile recently but it is set up the same way, no link to comments. It's also not as clean as Bloglines, i.e. the frames in Bloglines is a nice feature.

I've never tried Live Bookmarks simply because, for now, I have at least 3 computers I may be looking at my feeds at, office, 2 at home and occassionally, any number of computers at church. So, I appreciate it all being online. I see a day in my future, not sure ,but I see a day when I can have a single laptop to carry with me and that be my sole computer. Then, Live Bookmarks will be my friend.

All that to say, I agree with you, there should be an easier comment interface.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Stuart Cowen said...

Great point about the multiple PC's - hadn't thought of that. If del.icio.us was developed in AJAX, I wonder if they could support Live Bookmarks? Good things to think about - thanks, Jim!

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate bloglines. With my ADD, I can surf all my blogroll and more in no time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home