blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Monday, August 15, 2005


What a Vibe!

First day of school! I'm not a teacher, but I have 2 students (Kindergarten & 2nd Grade) and I maintain the IT at a Christian School in Arlington. I must say that I am definitely feeling the excitement. Late last night, I was making the rounds putting the last tweaks on teachers' computers and I was blown away by the effort that was put into decorating each class and each pupil's desk. The teachers' love and dedication to the students was evident even before the bell.

This morning, we took "first day" pictures outside of the house. We saw other parents and grandparents doing the same. At the school, it seemed that each child had their own paparazzi - video cameras digital cameras, parents, grandparents, tears (much more adult than child).

Can you remember the first day of a new school year when you were a kid? As an adult, I'm not sure who's more anxious - the kids or the teachers!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home