blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Wednesday, November 09, 2005


The Nocturnal DBA

Well, this is yet another night that I have had to be up until almost dawn because of work. Toward the end of the year, people start taking long vacations for Thanksgiving and Christmas and they want to make sure that all projects are completed so that when the New Year comes they can start fresh. Application Developers are slinging database code for me to execute at a blinding rate, Systems Administrators are migrating all Windows servers to Active Directory which means all of my database accounts have to be modified, and in all of the rush, details get overlooked and these activities tend to break other processes which then in turn need fixing. It all adds up to a very busy season. I can't just blame other groups for my having to work late, though because I'm on vacation next week until after Thanksgiving, so I'm trying to get all my projects done too!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home