blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Wednesday, November 09, 2005


Chilling to Radio Shropshire

U.K. Pastor and Blogger, Ron Whiteway mentioned on his site that he was going to be a guest on a local news radio show earlier this evening (or afternoon U.S. time). He invited his readers to tune in over the Internet and so I scrambled to download and install RealPlayer, but unfortunately, realized I was two hours too late and the show had already ended. Not wanting to waste the 15-minute investment in making sure my laptop could receive BBC Radio Shropshire, I decided to give it a listen. There was a music show on called Mel Hill's Jazz Beat that played two hours of classic jazz - it was great stuff. I love all kinds of music, but this mix was just what I needed to get me through to the end of my workday. Tomorrow at the same time, there's another music show called Fretwork which plays an eclectic mix of folk and blues. Being a guitar enthusiast, I'm sure I'll like that too.



3 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Rob. said...

You see Stu...by the providence of God ...you tuned into something far better than the babblings of a fool like me :-)

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Hankinstien said...

Thats so awesome that you're a jazzer--I majored in jazz for 4 years at UNT, it's somewhat of a passion for me--we'll have to talk about it sometime
(sorry for the late post, everyone is posting so often, I'm a little behind in my reading...)

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Absoblogginlutely! said...

Lol - makes me laugh that you are listening to Radio Shropshire - that makes you sound a REAL old fogey :-)

(and it's Rob - not the old fogey, but the bloke on the radio :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home