blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Wednesday, November 02, 2005


Rethinking the IT Services Framework: Part 1

This will be a (mega) multi-part post as I'll be gathering my thoughts about the IT work I currently perform for several churches and ministries, then architecting a better framework. My workload is steadily increasing and in the next few months, it's going to explode so changes will need to take place for survival and sanity. Right now, when I think of how things are done now, then envision where they need to be to handle the increase, I see that there's...
...too many tasks, not enough projects...
...too much randomness, not enough standards...
...too many priorities, not enough prioritization...
...too many pipe-dreams, not enough strategy...
...too much enabling, not enough empowerment...
...too many workarounds, not enough solutions...
...too much routine, not enough innovation...
...too much implementation, not enough integration...
...too much repetition and not enough consolidation...
...too much doing, not enough delegation...
...too much reaction, not enough structure...
...too much information, not enough knowledge...

...too much of me, not enough of Him......



1 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff! I look forward to seeing you break it down. Some of these things are easy enough to identify, but the transition is tough.

Actually, these items in the list are not easy to identify, but once I see them, they seem obvious.

Good job!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home