blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Sunday, January 01, 2006


Hello Again Old Friend


Call it a resolution, but I'm calling it a reaquaintance. Three years ago I put aside a regular gig as rhythm guitarist in the church worship band "only for a season" (we thought) as rehearsals were at 7:00am on Sunday mornings and my wife was having to get our newly-expanded family ready for and transported to church by herself. Although Lisa is truly a Super Mom, we decided it best that we all arrive at God's House together as a whole family unit. In short, the blessing of that decision far outweighed the sacrifice.

Today, a layer of dust has settled on the softshell case, the callouses on my fingertips are completely gone, and my chops are, well let's say choppy at best. We're also not at the same church anymore and I have no plans to return to a band environment, but that's OK - it'll just be nice to get to know my Old Friend once more.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home