blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Tuesday, January 03, 2006


Awesome Thoughts

I'm reading through the bible this year (that's the plan, at least) and on this third day in 2006 I should be starting Genesis 8, but I find myself "In the beginning..." And so I'm reading through the Days of Creation and in the sidebar of my mind I'm imagining how spectacular it must have been and if Peter Jackson ever decided to do a movie about Genesis, that it would be an IMAX experience like no other... but I digress. Picking up steam toward the end of Chapter 1, I swing the doors open on Chapter 2 and STOP!!! Never before had I read Genesis 2:1 quite like this and it challenged and changed my view of the universe.
Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array. (NIV)
That's it. By the end of day six, the heavens (the universe as I understand it) and the earth were completely done. Scientists keep telling us that the universe is ever-expanding. Or is man's grasp of the universe the thing that is ever-expanding? You see, God is infinite - in power, in wisdom and in love. He has the ability to create something in an instant that would take ten million of the brightest human minds ten million years just to scratch the surface of understanding about. My friend, Brian Burton tells of a Christian documentary where in one part, it attempts to animate the vastness of the universe. After the CG camera passes through umpteen galaxy's at a blinding rate, the narrator says, "That's just one of God's thoughts. YOU are another."

Taking that statement further, I would say that the universe is a thought that's six verses long (Genesis 1:14-19). YOU are the reason the entire Bible was written. Pretty awesome, don't you think?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home