blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Thursday, January 12, 2006


Gotta Get a TiVo


From Thanksgiving until the New Year, Lisa and I started watching Season 1, Episode 1 of Lost and got caught up with Season 2, Episode 9. Now we're in sync with the rest of the world and ready for Episode 10 (which aired last night), right? Not quite... 'Prime Time' in our house is bath, jammies, goodnight stories and bed. 'Mommy & Daddy Time' doesn't start until 9:00 or 9:30 - Lost is on in the Central Time Zone from 7:00 until 8:00. Problem.

Solution: record it! Another problem: No blank video tapes. Question: When in the World did Video Tapes become totally EXTINCT?? I went to a grocery store once known to stock blank VHS tapes only to find blank DVD's and squatty VHS-C tapes (what the??). Then I went to Radio Shack to find some. Slam Dunk? I think not. With the blank stares the staff gave me, I might as well have been speaking Klingon when I said the word 'video tape' (although, these dudes probably would've understood Klingon).

Trey, I think you were speaking truth when you said "TiVo will set you free". Meanwhile, I need to get boned-up on this whole TiVo-thing.



3 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I picked up a cheap ($79 after mail-in rebate)DVD Recorder before Christmas just to tape "Lost". Works great and I don't have to pay for a subscription to TiVo. I got 100 DVD's for $9.99 on sale, so I'm set for at least a year!

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Stuart, until your TiVo ship comes in, you can go online and buy the episode at iTunes for $2. After you do, please let me know what happened.

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stuart, I got TiVo last year, and my life hasn't been the same. Being in ministry you're never home when the shows you want to watch are on. Then when you're home you can't find anything on TV.

Now that I have TiVo, I can watch what I wanna watch when ever I wanna watch it, and if someone decides to call me in the middle of the game or my show, I can pause live TV.

Let me know how it goes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home