blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Wednesday, January 25, 2006


215 Day Sanity Check: Welcome to my Blog

That's how long Casting My Net has been on the Internet and I thought it would be a good idea in the middle of the blogging year to set this ship back on a more meaningful course after an extended excursion into the shallower pools of randomness (like you hadn't noticed).

To get you acquainted, my name is Stuart Cowen and, as my bio states, I am married to Lisa, my beautiful bride of thirteen years. We have 3 growing boys: Ian 8, Trevor 5 and Myles 3. I am an IT (Information Technology) Professional in the Dallas/Fort Worth area of North Texas and I make my living as a Database Administrator for a very well-known company, but it's my "on-the-side" work of providing computer and technology services to local churches that gives me the most joy and purpose out of what I do.

In this blog we discuss family life, Christianity, cool computer technology, and enhancing the mission of today's church through creative, yet sensible uses of technology. And if you enjoyed the more "right-brained" content, we'll be doing that too - just not as much. So welcome first time readers and long time friends. I hope you enjoy the ride.



1 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

215 days? It seems more like 219 days, I guess since I have been having so much fun on here.

Good job, man! Keep up the great work.

Hey did your package ever arrive? Did fedex find a way to stop on one of their many trips past your house?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home