blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Wednesday, July 13, 2005


Laptop Shopping

In a later blog post that will explain why, I will find myself, at the end of the week, without my trusty Tablet PC - forever :( And so begins the agony of shopping for a new one. I say agony because for me, striking the right balance between price, power, options, battery life, and weight is very time consuming and reading reviews (often conflicting) gives me a headache.

I didn't use my Toshiba Portege 3505 as a tablet very much, but when I did it was VERY handy and now Toshiba has a multitude of tablets that are just as much in price as a regular laptop. Also, the brand was really reliable (or was I just lucky?). But wait, I'm talking myself into a purchase without considering the cool new technology that's come out since I was last in the market (that's what reading Engadget and Gizmodo will do for you).



1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

STU! Is this THE Stuart Cowen I worked with at FBCE? I hope so. Hey man, we purchased 3 toshiba laptops for the staff to work on at Keystone Church. We have had NUMEROUS problems with them. They always seem to be in the shop or locking up. Anyways...I think you were super blessed by the tablet-PC! Just thought I would put my 2 cents in. Hope to talk to you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home