blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Tuesday, July 05, 2005


Life Imitating Tech

You know that chordal sound when you turn on a Mac? Tonight I found thatsound in the everyday flow of life. The kids has just nodded off for the night and I was busy recovering data from a laptop when I stepped in to the room that we'll just call the Study (aka, 'room where the family computer is'). I opened the door and first heard the knock of wood against wood followed by the "Apple Sound" quickly dissipating into silence.

My boys had been playing with my old acoustic guitar earlier in the day and left it lying on the floor. Intrigued, I picked up the ax and a nearby pick (also on the floor) and gave it a meaty strum YEOW! Horribly out of tune is a gross understatement. However, if I tapped the headstock, neck or body of the instrument just enough to cause the strings to vibrate, the sound takes me back to my old G3 Blue and White slot-loading iMac.

Weird huh? Yeah - I know - it's late.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home