blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Thursday, June 30, 2005


Blog Statistics

At Terry Storch's blog, I was reading about how he is using StatCounter to track his viewership. I'm usually a take-it-or-leave-it person when it comes to tracking statistics, so I guess that explains why I'm not a sports guy. But I digress. So, I was mildly intrigued in my own stats as a fledgling blogger when I noticed that, according to Bloglines, I have 7 subscribers!!! Not just 7 visitors, but 7 people who have deemed my blog interesting enough to actually read it regularly. B But, I've only been in the blogosphere less than a week! The only thing I can think of that caused this veritable blogstorm, was the introduction by Jim Walton a few days on his blog. WOW - THE POWER OF LINKING!!

Now that I have instantly become a statistics covert, I just signed up to use StatCounter and will be tracking my traffic closer. Who knows, maybe my interest in sports will increase. "Go... SPORTS!!!"



2 Comments:

At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm slow, man. I'm just now coming across this post. I'll change my feed to your new feedburner one, that should help my bloglines keep up. I love the power of linking and networking in the blogsphere. I'm always checking my bloglines number and my feedburner number and my statcounter numbers. I think I'm just slightly obssessive. I get pumped when my numbers increase!

It's all good stuff!

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Stuart Cowen said...

Consider me pumped! I think it's very obsessive, at least it is for me :) BTW, hope everything went well with the sound system install yesterday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home