blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Tuesday, February 21, 2006


Chick-fil-A Good:Gross Ratio

Has anyone else noticed that a visit to Chick-fil-A is more miss than hit when it comes to the quality of their signature chicken sandwich? I remember when they were only in shopping malls and even the early days of their free-standing stores that sandwich after sandwich was always consistently brilliant. There was no doubt. These days, the good ones are still awesome, but the more frequent bad chickies are just gross.

Could demand versus supply be a factor? Are chickens not as healthy as they once were? Does Chick-fil-A really not know about this problem? I'm not trying to put down Chick-fil-A because they are one of the best and most God-honoring companies out there and I fully support them. It's just that not knowing whether today will be a good chicken day or not might make me want to "eat less chikin".



2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Brian said...

STU, I might be one of the biggest Chick-fil-a fans and I completely agree. I have noticed that the best time to get a Sandwhich is right at lunch. Anytime after that or even in the evenings they seem below quality. Many don't know this but I actually worked there in H.S. When sandwhiches were bad it was usually because we left them in that stinking warming pan too long and/or used old peanut oil. I think it comes down to laziness. I think Chickie Fil-a might be slippin a bit.

 
At 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't eat enough Chick-fil-a to be able to spot a trend, but the two nearest me always seem to be good when I do manage to go there...BUT...Where I lived previously, we ate Chick-fil-a somewhat regularly at one of the brand new stores. And it was staffed almost entirely by teens who seemed not to really want to work. They were unhelpful, slow, and the food wasn't as good. Maybe Chick-fil-a is really slipping, but maybe the work ethic of teenagers is slipping and only Chick-fil-a's desire to be helpful and hire teens is at fault.

As a disclaimer...I am a Youth Minister and do not think that all teens are lazy slobs...but lets be honest, many are and only have jobs because Mom made them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home