blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Wednesday, June 22, 2011


T minus 8 days: No Particular Update

Today was a hodgepodge of ramping up activities for the new SQL Server gig which starts on July 1st now (that's news, right?). I installed Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 5.5, but didn't get to do anything with it. I also read a few great tutorials on MSSQLTips covering Stored Procedures, SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Integration Services. My last professional exposure was SQL Server 2005, so I have some "refreshing" ahead of me. :)

I am also amassing a list of books that I want to purchase (someday), but I'm still going back and forth on the "real bound book vs. eBook on an iPad" debate. eBooks are much less expensive and not as cumbersome, but will I miss the tactile quality of a bound book? Will eInk be as efficient for me as a few dead trees? Seriously though, I should stop moaning about it and just go the eBook route and become a proper member of the 2010 generation. There, debate over... I think.

I'm behind on blog reading and Google Reader is reminding me of the backlog every time I log in. I'll begin to tackle that in the morning and post comments. There's a lot of you out there in SQL Server Land that I'd like to get to know and participate in your conversations.

That's about it. Blogging is coming easier to me now that I've committed myself to the daily exercise. I figure it is just a log of my ramblings on the web, so I'm coming to you just as I am - warts and all. Have a good Thursday and I'll catch up with you tomorrow.

Oh if you're interested, below are the links to the MSSQLTips I read today.

Labels:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home