blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Thursday, June 30, 2011


Countdown Stops / The Big Switch

I knew it was ambitious to attempt a 10-day blog-a-thon after a couple years of very infrequent posting, but even though I stopped 4 days into it the countdown still continued (funny how time does that). So now I am at the eve of "T minus 1 day", my time has been served with 2X Software and a new adventure begins in the morning.

Being a Database Administrator isn't new, but after a 4 year absence it sure might seem like it. I'm sure 10, 15 and 20-year DBA veterans experience something new every day. My short term focus is clear: settle in, get to know the people, assess the environment, learn the objectives and be a SQL DBA.

This new opportunity would not have been possible without the help and support of the following people. First, God deserves all the credit for causing "everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (Rom. 8:28 NLT). Second, my family for supporting their Daddy wholeheartedly no matter what he decides to do. Next, to all of you who have been praying for my job search and have been willing to circulate my resume within your network. Lastly to Comforce Technologies for finding my profile on Dice.com and to NTSP for extending the offer to join their team.

This blog is about to see some action of a different kind. Bookmark it and/or subscribe; I hope my contributions will be worth your while.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home