blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Monday, December 19, 2005


They're Coming Home

Do you remember the Folgers Coffee commercials they used to run at Christmastime many years ago? The All-American son comes home from college and sneaks into his parents' house before anyone is awake. Then he makes a pot of coffee and before too long, the bleary-eyed mom and dad shuffle into the kitchen wondering why the coffee is on. Suddenly, they catch a glimpse of their boy and, well, yeah... time to get the tissues.

I've never had the opportunity to "come home" from too far away during the Holidays, but little by little family and good friends are coming home, here to the Dallas area and it's giving me that homecoming feeling. My sister is back from France;  I saw 3 siblings at church yesterday - all home from college; a good friend and his family are coming in from Cheltenham, U.K. this week - we'll get a chance to see them, I'm sure; and at a Christmas party Lisa and I went to this weekend, we saw lots of folks we hadn't seen in a while. Yup, it's beginning to "feel" a lot like Christmas. will you be home?



1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are heading to the in-laws on Christmas day, for the day. That's the plan at least, it's about a 2 hour drive.

Merry Christmas, Stu!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home