blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Thursday, January 27, 2011


Last Day of Unemployment (unofficially)

Tomorrow, I start my unofficial first day at my new employer 2x Software. My official first day is Monday, but my new colleagues are hosting a training session for a client in the morning and they thought it would be a good idea for me to "sit in" for a half day. I am very excited to start working again.

A huge amount of thanks goes out to our friends, people in my new network, and folks I don't even know who have been praying with us, encouraging me and circulating my resume within their network. You have buoyed my spirits and I am thankful for you all.

The past 45 days have been very interesting and sometimes stressful, but in the end the break was good for me to clear my head and earnestly seek God's direction for this new stage in my career. For 15 years, I have held a position where I have been on-call in some fashion in the evenings and weekends. Now, aside from the odd consulting assignment, my nights and weekends will be free for me to spend more time with the family.

I am a very blessed man.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home