blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Monday, January 03, 2011


Happy New Career!

Well, it's been quite a long time since I have written a real blog post and the first one under the renamed 'blog.stuco.me'. It's still the old 'CastingMyNet' with my old content (or digitized history), but I've dusted it off and given it a new moniker. A complete update and possible redesign is being contemplated too.

Did you have a good Christmas - get everything you wanted? How about New Year's? Were you glad to say goodbye or good riddance to 2010? I, for one, am glad to start this New Year fresh, mainly because I found myself out of work for the first time in 15 years at a completely different station in life. Don't get me wrong, for the most part, 2010 was a good year and the month of December gave us the most memorable blessing of our family's life, but the sudden loss of income at the end compelled us to sharply shift our focus, purpose and intentionality.

Two weeks leading up to the year's end, I was busy harvesting the rich supply of love and encouragement from family and friends who offered to circulate my resume within their networks and scopes of influence. By following up with everyone, it seemed like I was breaking up clay and scattering seeds in a dry land (read: the worst time to look for employment). Now I see hope and it looks like activity is beginning to sprout.

Which brings me to today, where I had an encouraging conversation with Wayne James, put 2 firm appointments on my calendar (OK, Jim - 3) and had a fantastic conversation with Joe Borden who told me to "run, don't walk" and reach out to a mutual contact. The first work day of the New Year has been a success with palpable optimism. I'm not declaring that my career search is over, but I strongly believe that God has already secured my next opportunity in the very near future. My hope is continually lifted by His leading and the love of our brothers and sisters in Christ.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home