blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Tuesday, January 11, 2011


How's the Job Search Going?

Surprising, that's the word. When we do anything, we have an expectation of how that thing will turn out and what the process might be like. We may understand before starting that the journey and end-result may actually be completely different, but still we can't help but have at preconception.

Starting my career search, I had two expectations. Either I was going to find a replacement job quickly or I would encounter a long and harsh path filled with rejection or worse... no feedback. I realize these are extreme thoughts that seem ridiculous on both sides, but what is surprising is my actual and opposite experience. Almost 1 month into the search, employment is still elusive yet the road is marked with activity, opportunity and hope.

Daily, I am fighting to keep up with the demands pouring in to send my resume to a potential employer and to apply for a specific positions (activity). I have talked to 3 people now (possibly 4) who are interested in having me involved in the technology of their promising business ideas (opportunity). Before, my career was in a definite groove (or rut), but through current events and a surge for demand in a particular IT specialty, I now have the chance to navigate my experience in this direction toward new challenges and fulfilling work (hope).

While I say that my search has been "surprising", I shouldn't be surprised at all because I have been asking the One who far exceeds all human expectations to lead me down His path for my career.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home