blog.stuco.me

DBA (Database Adventurer)

Monday, March 24, 2008


Scripting All the Way

I've come to the point in Systems Administration where doing point-and-click operations for 50 or so servers is wasting more and more of my time. Starting today, I'm going to force myself to find and build scripts for almost everything I do. That way, I can begin automating the mindless tasks that need to be done every day and for the things that require widespread implementation, I can can affect more servers at one time rather than having to manually login to each machine.

Looking into VBscript with WMI and ADSI objects. Sounds impressive huh?



1 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Blogger Absoblogginlutely! said...

you should really start at looking into powershell as this is the way MS is going for their products....
(and let me know if you find an easy to follow guide on getting started!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home